Marketing Manager Intern to SACC San Francisco
- Sponsorship, Website and Project Management
San Francisco is not only the leading financial, technological and cultural center of Northern California, but also a city where the opportunities are endless. Take this chance to experience a once in a life time opportunity to live and work in this inspiring environment.
The Swedish American Chamber of Commerce in San Francisco/Silicon Valley is now looking for an intern interested in working within a dynamic organization where self- teaching is a big part of the organization.
Here at the Chamber, work assignments are designed to be very open and unlimited in order to give every new intern an opportunity to decide for oneself how to best achieve a successful project.
We are therefore looking for a person(s) with a sales interest and enormous self-drive. You should for that reason be a person with excellent social skills, self- motivation and have a passion for sales.
This internship gives a unique opportunity to build an extensive network at a professional level, while learning how to step into a managerial role with big responsibilities combined with effective teamwork.
As a Marketing Manager Intern at SACC-San Francisco you are responsible for:
-Events: Plan and discuss event strategies with the board and team, write project descriptions, briefing of team and other involved partners, budget responsibility, time planning, booking of location and catering, create briefs and be responsible for marketing.
-Manage sponsorship efforts: Manage and build sponsorship efforts with potential sponsors and negotiate sponsorship deals for our events. Be responsible for monitoring and making sure sponsorship deals are followed through and develop and maintain strategic partnerships.
-Handle general marketing: Together with your team, be responsible for the general marketing of the Chamber during events, through different marketing channels, etc
-Visitors Program: a relatively new part of the SACC-San Francisco Chamber’s outreach to different companies, universities and institutions in Sweden promoting our service which offers customized programs for company visits here in San Francisco
-Accounting and Finance: in charge of the Chamber’s funds and responsible for its expenses, bills and deposit that are required throughout the year
Requirements for this intern position:
• Higher education within Business, Marketing or Project management
• Project management experience
• Software skills, e.g. MS Office
• Excellent verbal and written skills in Swedish and English
• Leadership and team‐working skills
SACC‐USA will help out with the visa application.
This is a 6‐12 month unpaid internship beginning in December 2012 and one in January 2013.
Artemis Racing, finance/admin intern
In the 34th America’s Cup prestige, rivalry and an unparalleled reputation will fuel the duel between two boats – the Defender and the Challenger.
Predating the modern Olympics by 45 years the long and distinguished history of the cup dates back to August 22, 1851. The America’s cup (named after the first boat to ever win the trophy) not only attracts the world’s top sailors and yacht designers, but also wealthy entrepreneurs and top-ranking international sponsors.
With the vision: “To win the America’s Cup through passion, innovation, efficiency and hard work”, Artemis Racing is a privately funded team, led by Chairman Torbjörn Törnqvist.
The Artemis Racing Team represents the Royal Swedish Yacht Club/KSSS which is based in Saltsjöbaden, Stockholm.
The position as Finance/Admin Intern at Artemis Racing USA Inc will give you invaluable experience during the Challenger 34th America’s Cup.
• Human Resources: Help manage US health care for team members and families, assist team members with establishing US banking services and coordinate other financial services for the team members.
• US Housing: Manage the team apartments and team member leases including deposits, rents, and landlord disputes/resolutions.
• Financial Projects: Work closely with the CFO on various financial projects including cash management, tax compliance, asset tracking, insurance, banking, US Customs import/export, etc.
• Budget Analysis and Financial reporting: Prepare analysis of specific budget areas and produce and distribute reports to the senior management.
• Vendor management/relations: Work through billing, payment and error resolution issues with local suppliers inSan Francisco.
• Accounts Payable coordination: Liaise with Accounts Payable group inGeneva to facilitate payment of invoices, deposits and credits.
Location San Francisco,CA
Start Date 2012-08-01
DESIRED PERSONAL SKILLS:
• Analytical thinker with an ability to identify, scrutinize and improve work processes.
• Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring the ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Cultural sensitivity and an ability to work closely with a multicultural workforce.
• Result-driven with great planning- and organizational skills.
• Highly adaptable, mobile, positive, resilient and patient with openness to new ideas, challenges and risks in order to secure success.
•Computer skills in a range of software applications, especially Microsoft package and spreadsheet software
• Fluent or bilingual in English
• Business Administration/Finance or similar degree or experience
Duration of training period Up to 12 months
Compensation No paid compensation, food and phone will be provided
Interested in this position? Apply at SACC-USA
The force 5 program – Velos, Inc.
The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce San Francisco/Silicon Valley would like to announce a traineeship opportunity at Velos Inc. for a period of up to 12 months. Velos, Inc. is a leading provider of next-generation health care software. Velos provides an integrated suite of research, clinical, administrative, and financial products.
Velos, Inc. trainee program prepares candidates for careers in software marketing, sales, software development or management. The right candidates will be collaborative, result-oriented, self-motivated, willing to take initiative, responsible and will have excellent analytical and communication skills. The traineeship is open to all majors in any field, although Velos have a particular bend toward software development and programming skills set at the present time. A stipend will be paid to the trainee every month.
Interested in this position? Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com